Leptoglossus occidentalis (Heidemann, 1910)
Did you know?: This large bug came from the Pacific coast of North America to North Italy in 1999, possibly by some sort of timber import.
Ever since it has expanded through most of Central Europe and even up to England and Scandinavia. First time reported in Austria was in 2005.
- English: Western Conifer Seed Bug
- German/Austrian: Amerikanische Kiefernwanze
- Image: 1920x1080
- Location: Austria, Niederösterreich, Ober-Danegg, Hohlweg
- Date: 04/03/2017
- Copyright: Per Hoffmann Olsen
- Camera: Canon EOS 50D
- Lens: Sigma 150mm APO Macro